THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Patience... Virtue... Hmmm...

I've always heard that patience is a virtue. I Googled it and found this http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/4/messages/1250.html from "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996): "Patience is a virtue. The ability to wait for something without excessive frustration is a valuable character trait. and it goes on ...

So I was feeding the boys last night, exactly the same way as I always do. They have learned so many things... so many things! They are geniuses I tell you!!!
- They know to lift their arms up when I put the trays on. Brilliant!
- They know when I sit down it is chow time and they start pounding their hands on the trays. - Thanks daddy!

Why is it that they don't know patience? I thought that being a twin you would have to learn to be patient right? Well apparently not at just shy of 7 months old...
I give the peanut a mouth full, he spits some out, I scoop it up and shovel it back in. In this few seconds the moose is having a fit. Now it's his turn. And the peanut has a fit. They know that the are next - I'm sure that they do. I feed one, then the other. Peanut, Moose, Peanut, Moose... over and over again. I am sure that just like they know to lift their arms so I can put the tray on, they know that they get the next spoon full. But can they wait? Noooooooooo...

Patience is a virtue. The ability to wait for something without excessive frustration is a valuable character trait. When will then develop this "valuable character trait" and stop screaming at the mommy? Who knows? Not me... I sure have not learned it yet!!!

0 comments: